School Uniform policy - here
Our school colours are navy blue and golden yellow.
We ask that all our pupils wear school uniform. We are an inclusive school and believe that our uniform gives our children a sense of pride and belonging within our school community.
In addition, the purpose of the school uniform is to ensure that children wear practical and appropriate clothes for the range of activities they need to take part in at school.
We rely on parents and carers to co-operate with us by following the uniform policy and sending their children to school wearing the correct clothing. We encourage parents and carers to contact the school if they are unsure about any aspect of this guidance.
We believe our school uniform reinforces the Christian distinctiveness of our school and reflects our vision of providing a modern education for every child.
School Uniform is worn three days per week and PE kits 2 days per week.
- Yellow polo shirt with St Giles logo (Reception – Y5)
- Navy sweatshirt or cardigan with St Giles logo (Reception – Y6), V neck (Y6 only)
- White long or short sleeved shirts with St Giles tie (Y6 only – tie provided by the school)
- Plain school trousers, shorts, skirt or pinafore dress in grey
- Grey or white socks, black or dark grey tights
- Summer dresses in yellow checked gingham
- Plain black shoes
Children wear PE kit to school two days per school. Always on a Thursday and one other day, this may vary according to the class.
- Navy school PE t-shirt with St Giles logo or a yellow polo shirt
- Navy or black shorts (summer)
- Navy school jumper or blue school hoodie with St Giles logo
- Navy blue or black tracksuit trousers or leggings (winter)
Uniform can be purchased from Sussex Uniforms online or in person in Haywards Heath. A limited number of items are stocked in the shop, however this is useful for parents to try out sizes.
Non-branded items such as trousers, pinafores, skirts and shorts can also be bought from the school uniform section of high street retailers and supermarkets. Please note polo shirts, sweatshirts/cardigans and PE T-shirts are branded so only available from Sussex Uniforms.
The PTA collect pre-loved uniform and make this available to parents regularly. Please contact the office is you are after particular items.