We have recently introduced a new school uniform in September 2018. Our colours are blue and yellow.
We ask that all our pupils wear school uniform. We are an inclusive school and believe that our uniform gives our children a sense of pride and belonging within our school community.
In addition, the purpose of the school uniform is to ensure that children wear practical and appropriate clothes for the range of activities they need to take part in at school.
We rely on parents and carers to co-operate with us by following the uniform guidance and sending their children to school wearing the correct clothing. We encourage parents and carers to contact the school if they are unsure about any aspect of this guidance.
We believe our school uniform reinforces the Christian distinctiveness of our school and reflects our vision of providing a modern education for every child.
Children should wear the following items:
- Yellow polo shirt with St Giles logo (Reception – Y5)
- Navy sweatshirt or cardigan with St Giles logo (Reception – Y6), V neck (Y6 only)
- White long or short sleeved shirts with St Giles tie (Y6 only – tie provided by the school)
- Plain school trousers, shorts, skirt or pinafore dress in grey.
- Grey or white socks, black or dark grey tights. White ankle socks may be worn with summer dresses.
- Summer dresses in yellow checked gingham.
- Plain black shoes. Trainers are not permitted.
Children should keep a PE kit in school at all times, taking them home for washing at the end of term. This should consist of:
- Navy school PE t-shirt with St Giles logo
- Navy or black shorts
- Plimsolls or trainers
All our uniform can be purchased from Sussex Uniforms via their website or in their Haywards Heath store. A limited number of items will be stocked at their shop, however this is useful for parents to try out sizes.
Non-branded items such as trousers, pinafores, skirts and shorts can also be bought from the school uniform section of high street retailers and supermarkets. Please note all polo shirts and sweatshirts/cardigans must be branded when wearing the new uniform.
For more details, please see our school uniform guidance: